8600 N Loop Blvd A
California City, CA 93505
- Housing industry's largest trade groups want CFPB director replaced by bipartisan commission June 22, 2017More than 20 of the housing industry’s largest trade groups are calling on Congress to enact legislation that would change the leadership structure of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau from a single director to a bipartisan commission. The groups say that a bipartisan commission would help provide a "balanced" approach to financial regulatio […]
- Puerto Rican foreclosure crisis sends residents flooding to U.S. June 22, 2017The Puerto Rican foreclosure crisis is currently worse than the U.S. foreclosure crisis at its peak in 2010. As the economy worsens, residents continue to flee the island, flooding into Texas and Florida. Some homeowners even leave their keys in their home, abandoning everything on their way out.
- Zillow on track to pay $4 million to VHT after judge chops jury award in half June 22, 2017VHT, a real estate photography company, was all set to receive $8.32 million in damages from Zillow Group after a jury found that images from VHT appeared on the Zillow Digs site without VHT’s consent, but that’s not the case anymore. This week, a judge cut the original $8.32 million award in half because there wasn't sufficient evidence that anyone saw […]
- Here are the 5 most unaffordable cities in the world June 22, 2017The U.S. isn’t the only country seeing high rents. A new study from RentCafé showed the five most unaffordable cities in the world among top emerging or striving economies based on median income for the area. Even in cities where the median income is very high, it's still not always enough to keep up with rising rents.
- Starwood Capital ups its offer for Forestar as battle with D.R. Horton intensifies June 22, 2017There’s a battle brewing between two real estate titans as Starwood Capital Group and D.R. Horton are both angling to acquire Forestar Group, a residential and mixed-use real estate developer. Starwood wants to buy the company for $14.25 per share, while D.R. Horton wants to buy 75% of the company for $16.25 per share. But Thursday, Starwood upped the ante b […]
- Louisiana Real Estate Appraisal Board fights back against FTC price-fixing allegations June 22, 2017Last month, the Federal Trade Commission filed a complaint against the Louisiana Real Estate Appraisal Board, accusing the regulatory body that oversees property appraisals in the state of stifling price competition by requiring appraisal management companies to follow the state’s established polices for the fees that AMCs pay to appraisers. Now, the board i […]
- Renters now setting their sights on homeownership June 22, 2017A recent study from TransUnion showed American renters are increasingly setting their sights on homeownership. The number of renters shopping for a home increased from last year and from 2015.
- FHFA: Home prices continue soaring to new highs June 22, 2017The Federal Housing Finance Agency’s monthly home price index showed home prices continue to increase, hitting new highs after surpassing the previous peak back in 2016. The report breaks down which regions saw the highest gains in home prices, and the one division which saw a decrease in home prices from March to April.
- Top states where homeowners are best and worst at paying their mortgage June 22, 2017Foreclosures and delinquencies fell in May, partially reversing the increase in April. Black Knight’s latest report shows the states where homeowners are the best and worst at keeping up with paying their mortgage.
- Feds announce 2017 list of distressed, underserved non-metro areas June 21, 2017On Wednesday, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency announced the 2017 list of distressed or underserved non-metro areas where banks can receive Community Reinvestment Act credit for certain activities.
- Housing industry's largest trade groups want CFPB director replaced by bipartisan commission June 22, 2017