8600 N Loop Blvd A
California City, CA 93505
- Here’s the No. 1 new home market in the U.S. August 15, 2017A new report from Metrostudy showed the No. 1 market in the nation for newly built homes. Builders constructed less new homes under $200,000 during the second quarter, however a large increase in homes from $200,000 to $250,000 shows builders are actively battling rising home prices to add more starter homes to the market.
- International home buying is absolutely booming in Texas August 15, 2017International homebuyers are flocking to Texas and buying up Lone Star State homes in droves, a new report from the Texas Association of Realtors shows. In fact, the report shows that over the last year, the amount of money spent by foreign buyers on homes in Texas is nearly double what it was in the previous year.
- Homebuilders’ confidence rises with demand for new homes August 15, 2017Builders continue to face supply-side challenges, such as lot and labor shortages and rising building material costs, however their confidence still increased. Home builders reported a higher confidence level as the demand for newly-built homes continues to rise in August.
- How smart is too smart for a smart home technology? August 14, 2017The words digital mortgage and e-closing may just be getting to the mortgage finance world, but the home technology world is light years ahead. A new article from NPR by Liz Reid showcased exactly how far smart home technology has come. But, how far is too far when it comes to technology monitoring homeowners?
- Former Texas title agent pleads guilty to stealing $1.6 million from her own company August 14, 2017The former owner of a Southlake, Texas title company admitted in court this week that she stole more than $1.6 million from her own company before fleeing the state with her ill-gotten gains. The story all began about 18 months ago when the Texas Department of Insurance seized Millennium Title, which was taken over after the company’s founder, Nancy Carroll, […]
- Moody’s: Invitation Homes, Starwood Waypoint merger good for investors, but risks remain August 14, 2017Investors who bought into the single-family rental securitizations from Invitation Homes and Starwood Waypoint Homes stand to gain from the recently announced merger of the two SFR giants, but the deal is not without some inherent risk, Moody’s Investors Service said in a new report.
- Here’s how Texas is dealing with growing affordability concerns August 14, 2017The continuous increase in home prices in Texas is creating a greater demand for local down payment assistance programs, a new report from Down Payment Resource stated. The report interviewed two leaders at the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs to see what the state is doing to help.
- Ringleader of elaborate mortgage fraud scheme gets 10 years in prison August 14, 2017The alleged ringleader of a complex mortgage fraud scheme will spend the next 10 years in New Jersey state prison for his involvement in a scheme that involved using fake sellers, fake attorneys, fake title insurance agents, fake notaries, and a number of fake businesses to steal nearly $1 million from mortgage lenders in a series of transactions. […]
- New Colorado law requires landlords to give 21-day notice of rent hikes, lease terminations August 14, 2017Thanks to a newly enacted law in the state of Colorado, renters in the state on short-term leases will now receive more advanced notice of rent increases or lease terminations. Previously, landlords were only required to provide a 7-day notice to short-term tenants.
- Monday Morning Cup of Coffee: New Mexico warns of scammers pretending to be Nationstar August 14, 2017Borrowers and lenders, here is your warning! Reports of mortgage scams and financial hackers keep making it to HousingWire’s headlines. The latest attack involves well-known mortgage company Nationstar. In other news, Wells Fargo is in the headlines again. This time the mega bank is being accused of ripping off vulnerable mom-and-pop businesses. Details on a […]
- Here’s the No. 1 new home market in the U.S. August 15, 2017